Using Mia Bella Scent Co, dual wood wick candles
Our Mia Bella Scent Company candles are organic and dye-free. Mia Bella candles are highly scented and made of our proprietary blend of organic waxes. Each candle is hand poured and has dual wood wicks for a perfect burn every time. Our candles are soothing and will fill your space with heart-warming, invigorating and unique scents.
WOOD WICK CANDLE BURNING TIPS
- Make sure your wick is trimmed to 3/16”-1/4” before lighting. If the wick is too long, the wick will not pull up the wax and your flame will extinguish.
- All wicks require a little attention before each burn. To properly prepare your wood wick, gently snap off the ash on top of the burned burned wick.
- When burning your candle for long period of time you may notice your flame getting too low. If this happens, extinguish your candle. When cool break off any excess ash or burnt wood on the top of the wick. Once relit, the flame will return to its proper height.
- Keep candle free of all debris.
- Allow the candle to get a full melt pool (all the way to the edges of the container) each time you burn the candle (typically 1-2 hours) this is especially important during the first time you burn it. This prevent the candle from tunneling and ensures the candle burns evenly and you get the most from your candle.
- Do not burn any candle for longer than 3-4 hours at a time.
- Follow all candle safety guidelines.
WHY DOES MY WICK GO OUT?
- Sometimes wicks will extinguish due to a lack of wax draw, many times a relight will allow the wax to flow up the wick.
- Another reason your candle my not stay lit is when the wick is too tall. Many people believe that the taller the wick the taller the flame, but many times that is the not the case. Sometimes long wicks struggle to pull the wax up the wick.
- There is too much ash or burnt section. Gently snap off the excess as described above.
- Insufficient melt pool forming at the base of the wick. This might also mean that your wick is too long. If the wick is too long, the heat from the flame will not create a melt pool, therefore the wick will not be able to flow the wax. to fix this, trim wick lower, or carefully make a melt pool at the base of the wick while lighting the candle.
If you have any questions about your Mia Bella Candle please feel free to Contact Us.